Since October of 2016, United Way has provided a means of collaboration and communication when taking the lead on Building a Healthier Community. We are working to create a place for area leadership to come together to build a healthier community. A healthy community relies on strong leadership in areas of education, income and health. United Way’s goals are to broaden the framework of discussion in those areas.
The United Way Leaders host educational Learn @ Lunch’s. The purpose of the educational lunches are to provide the public with greater insight into building a healthier community. Here are the topics we have covered so far:
- Health Insurance Literacy
- The Face of Poverty in Our Community
- Suicide Prevention and Awareness
- Understanding Dyslexia in Children
- Women's Health Luncheon - Preventative Care: Making your Health a Priority
If you have any questions or ideas for upcoming Learn @ Lunches, please contact the United Way of Dodge City at 227-8793.